Monday, December 28, 2015

  Happy New Year

Christmas is over and I'm awaiting the New Year with optimism! This month has tried my patience with a health issue. After a fall earlier in the month, the wound became infected and I've had to slow down to almost a standstill. Sitting in my recliner with the cats taking turns keeping me warm has filled my days, It is almost well and I'm starting to feel like getting into "action" again.  
 
 
I have wanted to keep a blog of my recent projects, maybe the new year will spur me on to keep up with this project. 
I made 12 market bags for gifts, lots of fun novelty fabric with colored screen. Hope my grand kids will use them and help keep the planet green. I know they will use the gift cards in the pocket. 
I was able to make a few goodies for Christmas. My favorite almond roca did not get hard, still tastes good but not quite the same as crunchy.  Also made a very good patch of fudge, it's still hidden in the frig for later. The annual Whiskey fruit cookies were also a big hit this year. I've been making those cookies for more than 50 years, that's quite a tradition.
 
 
 
 
I also made a cute little "Bendy snake" for Ben and Johnathan,  found this cute pattern on Pinterest.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment